We know, we KNOW. Some people get a tad bent out of shape when the Christmas word gets thrown around before Thanksgiving, but we are not those people!
It’s been a crazy few years and now more than ever, in the words of the great Sheryl Crow, if it makes you happy, then why the hell is it so bad? 😂 🤷♀️
Excelsior Springs has always been ahead of the game when it comes to Christmas, as our big Christmas kick-off is always the Saturday before Thanksgiving. The powers that be (aka the amazing volunteers who work literally ALL YEAR to make this such a special time!) set that up so it’s a well-attended event that no one has to miss due to holiday obligations, and WE 👏 LOVE 👏 IT.
This past weekend The Simmons Sales Team and some other RE/MAX teammates joined in on the volunteer life fun and decked the downtown halls like we do every year.
Does seeing all the decorations bring joy to you like it does to us? Come on! I know that seeing the light poles wrapped in greenery and topped with adorable little bows has to make your grinchy little hearts grow three sizes!
If decor doesn’t do it for you, surely the official Christmas Kick-Off will! Here are all the deets of the upcoming festivities:
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 20:
• ELF FACTORY: Oh, so much fun! Bring the littles to the Excelsior Springs Community Center from 11am-3pm for craft time! Projects cost from 50 cents up to $6.00. You can go to www.visitexcelsior.com or follow Excelsior Springs Christmas on Facebook for sneak peeks of the crafts!!
• MAYOR’S CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTING: A longstanding tradition, the mayor’s Christmas tree will be lit at the same time all the downtown businesses are lit up. This year, the mayor’s tree will be placed in the downtown pocket park. Plan for countdown to begin around 6pm.
• LIGHTED CHRISTMAS PARADE: This year’s theme is “A Christmas Vacation” SO FUN! The parade will use the same route as Homecoming, along Broadway and Thompson and begin following the mayor’s lighting. It’s going to be LIT, ya’ll!
• LANE OF LIGHTS OPENS: The wonderful Lane of Lights that runs through Lovers Lane at East Valley Park officially opens on November 20. Drive along and take in the great light up displays and drive through the light up tunnel. Donations highly encouraged!
• MISTLETOE MARKET: 10am-5pm at The Montgomery, local vendors and artisans will be set up selling their products and goodies so you can kick start that holiday shopping, local style!
And that’s not all! You can also:
• Shop holiday specials at the Downtown Holiday Open Houses
• Purchase a Memory Tree Ornament at the Brooke Baxter Memorial Park (JUST ONE WEEK LEFT TO PURCHASE THESE!!)
• Write a letter to Santa (and get one back!!)
• Purchase a Christmas wreath from the wreath auction!
There is a ton more Christmas goodness coming up later in the season, like the Polar Express, the Taste of Christmas, the Holiday Homes Tour, and more! Stay tuned for another blog with all of that great information! Be sure to save the date for all the fun stuff above and get your holiday spirit revved up!
As always, if you are looking to buy, sell, or just ask questions about the value of your home in the current market, we would love to help! Santa can’t bring you a sparkly new home for Christmas, but The Simmons Sales Team sure can! 😉
Call us, Clark!